The 金融援助 Office assists with:
- Pell grants 和 federal loans
- Work-study jobs for students
- Need help with the 金融援助 application
- Have 金融援助 questions
- Are unsure how to look up financial information in self-service
应用ing for financial aid for college starts with completing the Free Application for 联邦学生资助 (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the application that determines your eligibility for federal 和 state student grants, 勤工助学, 贷款项目.
验证 is a process used to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA is accurate. 美国.S. Department of Education selects about 30% of students for verification. 如果选择, you will be asked to provide documentation to support the information reported on the FAFSA.
MCC使用 ProVerifier +, an automated verification software solution enabling you to complete verification from your smartphone, 平板电脑, 或电脑.
If you're selected for verification, you will be notified by email at the email address on file at MCC. Log into ProVerifier 和 see what documents are required. You will be required to submit documentation to be reviewed 和 processed before you can be awarded financial aid.
If your file has been fully processed by July 1, 2021, 和 you're registered for Fall 2021 classes, you'll be entered into a drawing for one of ten $100 gift cards to the MCC商店.
- 验证 Steps (effective 2021/22)
- Activate your ProEd Account using the email notification sent to your email address on file at MCC. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- In ProVerifier +, review the dashboard to see the items that need to be completed.
- Carefully complete 和 submit each outst和ing item. Most items can be completed online 和 signed electronically.
- You will be able to request your IRS Tax Transcript (if applicable) inside the ProVerifier + system.
- Upload any documents, if necessary.
- Upon receipt of all required documents, the automated verification process will begin.
- You will be notified via email or text if there are any questions, you have missing or incomplete items, or additional documentation is required.
Essential information needed to complete your FAFSA
- Student 和 parent FSA ID at Studentaid.政府 (把它们写下来)
- Student 和 parent Social Security Number (use zeros if a parent does not have a Social Security Number)
- Student 和 parent bank account estimated dollar amount (if any)
- 2020 Tax return for the 2022–2023 school year
- 2021 Tax return for the 2023–2024 school year
- Parent wedding date or parent divorce date